To upload a track, please follow the instructions below.
You can also watch the video here How To Upload tracks
NOTE: Before uploading any Production Tracks, please visit your Licenses & Contracts section to ensure your license(s) are customized to your preference(s) and that the license(s) you wish to have active are enabled.
1. Log into your BeatStars account.
2. Next, click the "Upload" button at the top of the site menu. (see screenshot)
3. For new file uploads, select the "Upload New" option. (see screenshot)
NOTE: For any files you previously uploaded, select the "My Uploads" option and skip to step 5
4. If you selected the "Upload New" option, next drag and drop your file(s) in the upload section or click the "Choose Files" button and select your desired file(s) to upload from your device. (see screenshot)
5. Then on the Create page, click the "Create" button under Production Tracks. (see screenshot)
7. Next, click the "Un-Tagged WAV or MP3" button and click the "Select" button next to the applicable WAV or MP3 file you previously uploaded. (see screenshot)
8. Then click the "Track Stems" button and choose a zip or RAR file to add to your upload. Or provide a direct 3rd party link in the applicable field to where your Track Stem file is hosted. (see screenshot)
IMPORTANT: For any production tracks you wish to sell an exclusive license for, or any licenses which reference Track Stems as included, you must upload a Track Stem file or a valid link to the Track Stem file. If you provide a link, it must remain valid at all times and direct your customer to the actual Track Stem file.
9. If you have your own audio file with your voice tag already embedded into your beat, click the "Tagged beat" button and select your tagged mp3 or wave file. If you do not have this file, you can disregard this option and skip to the next step. (see screenshot)
IMPORTANT: The Tagged MP3 section is designed to upload an actual audio file with your voice tag already embedded into your beat which will override our version from your Selling Preferences section. If you do not have an actual audio file with your voice tag already embedded into your beat, please do not upload a file in this section.
10. Next, click the "Upload Artwork" button to upload your track image. (see screenshot)
11. Then fill out all of the required metadata fields, and also any other optional fields you would like for this track and click the "Save Draft" button. (see screenshot)
12. Once all of the required fields are filled out and all required files are uploaded and encoded, please click the "Publish" button. (see screenshot)
NOTE: If you do not wish to publish the track yet, you can click the "Save Draft" button without clicking the "Publish" button. You will not be able to Publish a track unless all required metadata and files are uploaded.
WAV: 44.1khz, 16-bit or 32-bit, Stereo
MP3: 320kbps, Stereo (Preferred) to 128kbps, Stereo (Minimum)