Below are the instructions which will allow you to set up your GoDaddy domain name as your Pro Page URL. Please note that the option to use your own domain name as your Pro Page URL is only offered to Pro and Unlimited BeatStars members. If your domain name service provider is not GoDaddy, please contact your domain name service provider with regards to setup instructions with 3rd party services.
IMPORTANT: After following these instructions, it can take us 7-10 business days (weekends excluded) to apply the SSL certificate. Your default URL based on your username followed by ".beatstars.com" should still be secure in the meantime. We appreciate your patience as we work to apply your SSL after you follow these instructions. If any settings are incorrect, we will not be able to apply your SSL.
1. Go to GoDaddy.com and sign into your account. (see screenshot)
2. Click the "Manage" button. (see screenshot)
3. Next click the "Settings" icon and then click "Manage DNS". (see screenshot)
4. Click the "Add" link. (see screenshot)
5. Next select "CNAME" for the "Type" field and input "www" in the "Host" field. Then input "propage.beatstars.com" (NOT YOUR URL) in the "Points to" field and click "Save". (see screenshot)
IMPORTANT: If you receive "An unexpected error occurred." during this step, this error usually occurs when users already have an existing "CNAME" with "www" as the host. If this is the case, you will need to edit that one instead of creating a new one.
6. Next, you will need to create an A Record. Cick the "Add" and fill in the A Record with the information below.
Points To: 220.127.116.11
7. DELETE any Forwarding you have set-up. Click the Trash can icon to delete
8. Delete any old A Record with an @ Host. YOU MAY NEED TO REFRESH PAGE FIRST TO BE ABLE TO DELETE THEM.
9. Lastly, log into your BeatStars account and visit the link Pro Page Setup. You will need to input your domain name in the "Domain Name" field. (see screenshot)
IMPORTANT: Do not include http:// and/or www. before your entry, please simply start with your actual domain name. Also, you may need to clear your browser's cache, close your browser, and then re-open your browser after this step in order to see your Pro Page populate correctly.