We recently hired one of the largest music law firms to draft up new default Non-Exclusive and Exclusive template agreements for you to use. Not only do these agreements protect our producer members, but it also makes sure our artist members are protected as well. To update your licenses to our latest contract templates, or reset back to these licenses if you manually made changes, please follow the instructions below.
1. Log into your BeatStars account.
2. Next, visit the following section Licenses & Contracts
3. Then click the "Edit" button next to the license you wish to edit. (see screenshot)
4. Scroll down and click the "Full Customization" tab. (see screenshot)
NOTE: For the Exclusive License, which is the very last license in your License & Contracts section, you can skip Step 3 and move on to Step 4 below.
5. Next, click the "Reset" button. (see screenshot)
6. Please review the entire agreement and make any custom changes you would like (if any).
IMPORTANT: We highly recommend that you have an attorney review the agreement as well.
7. Then click the "Save Changes" button. (see screenshot)
8. On the License & Contracts page, if you wish to apply these changes to all tracks, please click the "Apply To All Tracks" button next to the license you just modified. (see screenshot)
NOTE: Creating new license agreements automatically defaults to the new template agreements.
DISCLAIMER: BeatStars Inc., doesn’t legally represent producers in the sale of their production music and is only recommending license terms that are normal practice in music industry license transactions. We highly advise each music copyright owner to consult with their independent legal counsel to make sure they are licensing their music in the fashion they desire. BeatStars Inc. is not a law firm and not responsible for any undesired settings.